July 20, 2012

Camping Trip 2012

We just got back from our camping trip today! We were supposed to come back Saturday but last night there was an extreme thunderstorm.As we laid in our tent I kept looking over at Jared with extreme terror on my face and asked ":Am I going to get electrocuted"? He thought it was funny..but I was pretty freaked out. Though, I must say seeing and hearing thunder/lightning THAT close was indeed beautiful.

I conquered my fear of getting on the speed boat. I know that sounds ridiculous but I have a severe fear of boats and water.The thought of the boat sinking and being in a lake where sea creatures could get me...terrifies me. but as Jared has been addicted to saying YOLO!

Sophie and Violet did amazing. mommy did not give them enough credit in the fact that I was certain it would be horrible. Yet, Sophie laid down with "Tangled" on daddy's Ipod and fell right asleep and Violet sleeps all the time so that was never a problem. Sophie had so much fun that when we got home she asked me about 1000000 times if we could go back and "play in the camp tent".

We were so grateful for my parents taking us on this adventure. We barely get out of being mommy and daddy 24/7 and it was nice to spend some time with my husband. Nana and Papa watched the babies and we rode our bikes down to the lake. It was great.

Here are some of my favorite photos!

No comments: