January 13, 2011

A Time to Recount the Good Things

There is a time in everyones life where you just have to sit back and think about all the positive in your life. Sometimes things can be so difficult, and so overwhelming that it is too hard to not freak out. We as a people find ourselves stuck into a position in which we are hanging by a thread. Well, at least in our minds. I have been to this place and it is terrorizing. So many things have been running through my head and I just want to bolt. Anxiety starts to kick in and I immediately find I have the, "Fight or Flight", response. It has gotten to the point sometimes that even leaving the house can be too much. So today, I told myself I am going to make alist of all the happy and positive things I have going for me. I think sometimes people get so caught up in their misery that they forget how amazing they have it. Like the story goes..someone somewhere has it WAY worse. When I get down and sad I just remember the starving children in third world countries and suddenly feel selfish for even being sad. So here is my newly renovated positve list. This list is a constant reminder of all the reasons and needs of me staying sane.

Jessica's Positive Things

1.) I am encouraged by a smile
- Wether it be a stranger or a friend, a smile always seems to lift my spirits up.

2.) My daughter is a miracle
- This statement is true in so many ways. Not only is she a miracle for staying in my belly as long as she did (due to uterine isssues), but she is a miracle in every other reason. Her innocence is beautiful.

3.) Jared makes me laugh.
- I know this sounds corny, but Jared makes me laugh. This is the main reason I love him. No matter how I feel I still can be around him and feel the urge to let out a good laugh.

No comments: